About a year ago I started this little blog. In the last 90 days or so I have lacked in posting absolutely anything to my blog.
You may ask why I have shied away from blogging and my response would be simply, I have so much to say, but yet nothing to say.
When I lived in Cleveland (seems like eons ago) I hung out with a group of people who blogged. We met up once a month and blogged about our experiences and I looked to these individuals for support and inspiration.
Now I am here in Columbus and don’t see much of a blogging community here, so I am on my own when it comes to thinking of ideas and getting out and trying new things.
So for the last year I tried to make sure I blogged and shared recipes, lifestyle hacks and other general things like reviews and places to visit.
Have I been successful? I don’t think I have been unsuccessful, but not sure what I have done is classified as success.
This has been a year of good, bad, happy and sad.
- My best friend in Chicago gave birth to a beautiful boy.
- My daughter graduated high school and started her freshman year at The Ohio State University.
- We lost my brothers cat.
- My brother bought a new house.
- My car was repossessed for a short moment.
- Made many visits to Chicago and on one visit we saw Hamilton.
- My daughter went to a lot of concerts and I saw Luke Bryan and QOTSA.
- Friends visited Ohio a few times.
- Took a trip to Oglebay for a night to see Christmas lights with friends.
- Continued to be employed.
- Animals are doing well.
- Spent quality time with my nephew and family.
- Saw a lot of hockey games, a baseball and football game or two.
- Took my mom to her first basketball game.
- Traveled to Pittsburgh and saw hockey and an old friend.
- Took a work trip to Minneapolis and saw a long time friend.
- Drank good wine with out of town friends.
- Busted my foot royally.
- Painted, threw axes and went to the pumpkin festival with fantastic friends.
- Saw the Chinese Lanterns
- Hosted Thanksgiving
- Rode on Thomas the Train
- Participated in the Rally for Recovery
- Spoke at a few conferences
- Saw School of Rock & Waitress
- Cooked and baked a lot
When I look at that list I feel like there are way more good than bad things on it.
Overall 2017 wasn’t all that bad and I am hoping 2018 is pretty awesome and makes way for bigger and better things.
There are so many memories and pictures of what has happened these last 365 days and no way I could capture them all on one blog post.
This doesn’t show my awesome animals, many of my friends or rest of my family. They have all been a big part of 2017 and for that I am grateful.
Here’s to 365 more days of adventure…