Dear Future Partners,
I am writing this tonight in the hopes that those who choose to Google me before we date have a clear sense of what I am looking for.
The list isn’t long and I don’t have a lot of requirement or rules when I make a plan to meet someone, but there are some standards that I am looking for.
#1 – My moral compass states that it is inappropriate to date anyone knowing that they are married. This means if you are not divorced, dating me is likely not going to happen. I am not going to be the other woman.
#2 – Don’t do drugs or be an alcoholic. The occasional beverage is fine, I am not going to short you for that, but if you require copious amounts of alcohol or drugs to get through each day – I will pass. I believe in recovery, but I am not the one to date if you are in active addiction.
#3 – Do unto others as you would want done to you. Meaning if you want your partner to treat you well and you want to be treated with respect and kindness, then do that for your partner. Be honest and forthright. Don’t hide things.
#4 – Don’t lie, cheat or steal from me or others. I lived that life once and I don’t want to live it again. People recover from bad past behaviors, but I can’t tolerate someone being actively deceitful.
#5 – It is okay to have flaws and not be perfect, but own it. Be who you are and say how you feel. Nobody is perfect. Nobody.
With all of that being said, here are some things that some may consider wrong with me.
#1 – I am insecure. This is by far my biggest flaw. Deep down I know I am smart, pretty, funny and kind, but at the end of the day, I seek out the reassurance and respect of those I surround my self with.
#2 – When I am in a new relationship, I want to spend as much time with a person as I can. It is new, exciting, fun and I want to get to know everything about you. Now this may be because I do not want to get hurt down the road and would rather get it over with quickly (like ripping off a bandaid), however I just want to be able to experience all that is a new person in my life.
#3 – Florence Nightingale is my inspiration. She was a kind and loving woman who wanted to take care of everyone around her. She put her mark on the nursing profession and made sure that those around her were taken care of. I desire to be like her in caring for others and making sure their needs are always met before mine.
#4 – I use social media and I use emojis. I don’t apologize for this. However, I am fluent in the English language, but sometimes I like acting like I am 12.
#5 – I am a hopeless romantic. I love picnics, walks, baking and cooking for my partner and overall making sure that they feel loved and cared for by doing the simple things. You don’t have to do big and elaborate things to make me happy and I promise I am all about doing small and sweet things to make you happy.
At the end of the day I am pretty simple. I don’t need a lot to be happy. Here are my things that I need/want in life.
- Roof over my head + bonus points if it has a big kitchen.
- Children – young or old, I want children in my life. They can be grown or they can be small, but I want to be able to care for children.
- Pets. I love my dog and cats (in fact the dog is snoring next to me as I type this and there are two cats on either side of me).
- Sports – I love sports. We can disagree on teams, but don’t turn off football or hockey when I am watching it.
- Family and friends. I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for them, so don’t think I am going to abandon them for you. I want you to integrate into life and be a part of theirs too.
- Physical compatibility – this is important. I am not saying we need to be skinny or body builders, I am saying that we need to be able to match up physically. This also fuels into romance and intimacy. Without these a relationship is doomed.
- Career – I want a career that I love and I hope that my partner has one too. However the career pays the bills and shouldn’t come before the other person.
- Communication – this is important and maybe shouldn’t be last, but being able to communicate and know how best to do so is important.
Well my future partners, I am not sure if you are up to the task, or if all of this seems daunting to you. However maybe, just maybe if everyone was open and honest when it came to dating and who they were looking to date, we wouldn’t have this crazy life that pushes us to be who we are not.
Until next time friends I wish you the best in all that you do and ask that you please keep me in line and let me know when I am maybe stepping out of the boundaries or normal and into abnormal.