Each month I order from Young Living and pick up a few of my “essential” Essential Oils. This month I ordered Lemon, Thieves, Lavender and Tea Tree oils. These are four of my go-to essential oils or what I like to call Everyday Oils.
Up first, Lavender – Lavender is universally regarded as one of the most powerful and versatile essential oils, and the uses for this plant are almost endless. Lavender essential oil is one of the main Young Living products because it offers a host of benefits and a sweet, floral aroma.
Uses of Lavender
- Add 8–12 drops to water and spray under beds and in closets for a fresh, pleasing aroma.
- Apply 2–4 drops to skin to moisturize and enhance skin radiance.
- Diffuse at night for a calming aroma during sleep.
Next up, Lemon – this is my favorite oil for everyday uses and some very different ways to use this oil. Lemon’s many applications make it one of the most useful essential oils to have on hand. The fresh, zesty aroma is refreshing and up-lifiting.
Uses of Lemon
- Use Lemon essential oil as a dietary supplement in your daily routine.
- Substitute Lemon oil for lemon juice or lemon seasoning to flavor seafood, vegetables, beverages, and desserts.
- Keep Lemon in a purse, backpack, or car so that it is always in reach when you need it.
The oil that keeps the germs away is Thieves. Many don’t know a lot about Thieves or its’ rich history. Thieves owes its pleasant, spicy aroma and flavor to a balanced blend of Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Eucalyptus Radiata, Rosemary, and Lemon essential oils. This is a one of a kind blend that can be be a lifesaver to keeping up your immunity.
Uses of Thieves
- Add to food or beverages or take internally to enjoy the benefits of the powerful natural compounds d-limonene, eugenol, and eucalyptol.
- Dilute 1 drop of Thieves in 4 drops of carrier oil and add to a capsule.
- Take once per day to maintain a healthy respiratory system.
Last up is Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia). This essential oil can be found in a wide variety of skin care and spa products. It possesses powerful properties that are amazing on the skin. Tea Tree oil can moisturize and beautify the appearance of the skin and I personally put it on everyday.
Uses of Tea Tree Oil
- Moisturize the skin by rubbing 1–3 drops of Tea Tree oil into the palms of your hands and gently massaging over areas of concern.
- Add Tea Tree oil to your favorite massage oil to elevate your massage experience.
- Diffuse Tea Tree oil to create an aromatic, healthy and spa-like environment.
If you haven’t used essential oils before, feel free to ask questions, I didn’t know much about them when I first started and I spent a lot of time asking questions to get to the point where I am now.
I still ask a lot of questions and there are days that I have more questions than answers. As the world leader in essential oils, Young Living offers hundreds of essential oils and oil-infused products, each containing the optimal levels of specific, naturally occurring constituents to maximize their benefits. Whether you use the oils for aromatherapy, personal care, or household solutions, every aspect of daily life can benefit from the incorporation of essential oils!
Check out my quick video on the oils that I received in the mail this week: